Rules of Conduct
As a condition of your use of the
Service, the Member warrant's to ContactDirect
that the Member will not use the Service for any
purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these
terms, conditions, and notices. The Service is provided
to individuals only for the purpose of carrying
out the Member's own business. Any unauthorized
commercial use of the Service, or the resale of
its services, is expressly prohibited. Member agrees
to abide by all applicable local, state, national
and international laws and regulations and are solely
responsible for all acts or omissions that occur
under your account or password, including the content
of your transmissions through the Service. By way
of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not
- Use the Service in connection with surveys, contests,
pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming,
or any duplicative messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise
violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy
and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate,
profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent
or unlawful material or information.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others
for purposes other then carrying out the Member's
own business. Create a false identity for the purpose
of misleading others as to the identity of the sender
or the origin of a message.
- Use, download or otherwise copy,
or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person
or entity that is not a Service Member any directory
of the Service Members or other Member or usage
information or any portion thereof other than in
the context of your use of the Service as permitted
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses,
trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any
other harmful or deleterious programs.
- Transmit or upload any material
that contains software or other material protected
by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy
or publicity or any other applicable law unless
you own or control the rights thereto or have received
all necessary consents.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the
Service or violate the regulations, policies or procedures
of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service,
other accounts, computer systems or networks connected
to the Service, through password mining or any other
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations including,
without limitation, laws regarding the transmission
of technical data or software exported from the United
States through the service.
- Interfere with another Member's use of the Service
or another individual's or entity's use of similar
In addition to the above rules, ContactDirect has
additional rules meant to help guide conduct when
using the CONFRENCE ROOMS, INSTANT MESSAGE and/or
the EMAIL FUNCTIONS of the ContactDirect site.
ContactDirect strictly prohibits any of the following:
- Creating or participating in off-topic discussions.
- Using explicit, vulgar, or obscene language.
- Posting of or referencing sexually explicit images
or other offensive content.
- Exploiting a minor (any person under the age of 18).
- Using racially or ethnically offensive language.
- Discussing or inciting illegal activity, such as how
to build a bomb, counterfeit money, etc.
- Disrupting the flow of discussion in Conference Rooms
through use of vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting
the return key repeatedly, or inputting large images
so the screen goes by too fast to read, etc.
- Soliciting the exchange of sexually explicit images,
and/or material harmful to minors; including, but
not limited to any photograph, film, video, picture,
or computer generated image or picture (actual or
- Harassment, threats, attempts to embarrass, or do
anything else to a discussion participant that is
- Infringing upon anyone else's intellectual property
rights, including but not limited to any copyright,
trademark, rights of publicity, or other proprietary
- Impersonating or representing ContactDirect, ContactDirect
staff, or any affiliated companies or services.
- Linking to content not allowed in ContactDirect.
- Soliciting a ContactDirect Member's password or
other account information.
ContactDirect has no obligation to monitor the
Service or any Member's use thereof or retain the
content of any Member session. However, ContactDirect
reserves the right at all times to monitor, review,
retain and/or disclose any information as necessary
to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process
or governmental request.